Sponsored by the National Safety Council (NSC) and thousands of other organizations throughout the country, this June is considered National Safety Month.
This is the time to raise awareness about the risk of injury and death at work, in our homes, on the road, and throughout our community. We must understand the proper ways to keep each other safe and out of harm’s way.
The following are the weekly themes for National Safety Month:
- Week 1: Prevent slip and falls
- Week 2: Worker wellness
- Week 3: Emergency preparedness
- Week 4: Ergonomics
Injuries are the main cause of disability for people of all ages. Furthermore, they are the leading cause of deaths for Americans ages one through 44 years of age. At Carlson & Burnett, we want our clients to learn more about important safety issues which relate to personal injury, including slip and falls, car accidents, and even opioid medication abuse.
Here is more information regarding the issues mentioned above:
- Slip and falls – These accidents contribute to between 15 and 20 percent of all non-fatal workplace injuries. Each year, one in four elderly adults fall and typically suffer broken bones and other health problems.
- Transportation safety – Distracted driving has become an epidemic in the roadways throughout the nation. Whether you are texting or grooming while operating a vehicle, your chances of being involved in car accident increase significantly.
- Prescription painkiller abuse – Another epidemic in the U.S. is overdosing from opioid painkillers. Since these prescription drugs contain opioid – the same main ingredient for heroin – abuse has become a serious problem.
If you suffered an injury due to the negligence of another party in Nebraska, contact our Omaha personal injury attorney at Carlson & Burnett today at Call (402) 810-8611 or contact us online..