Omaha ELDER LAW AND ASSET PROTECTION Planning Attorneys
When Age Leads to Vulnerability, We Are Here to Protect You and Your Assets
Carlson & Burnett has a highly qualified team of attorneys specializing in Elder Law and issues that affect the aging population. The purpose of Elder Law planning is to prepare the elderly person for financial freedom and self-sufficiency through proper financial planning, asset protection planning and assisting in analyzing long-term care options. Our attorneys represent clients in the planning and application process for Medicaid and for Veterans Administration (VA) Aid & Attendance benefits.
Our goals in Elder Law representation are well defined. We work with the family to protect our client and their assets from being consumed by long term care costs. We also handle all aspects of guardianships and conservatorship (voluntary and contested) to help clients who need assistance with healthcare and financial decisions but also to protect our clients from overreaching family or friends. We focus on the careful assessment of families' unique financial situations, challenges and opportunities to create asset protection plans ideally suited to their needs.
Applying many decades of experience, our firm’s Omaha Elder Law lawyers are equally accomplished in drafting and implementing asset protection and estate plans to preserve our client’s assets and help them pay for long term care costs. Attorneys Darren Carlson, Anne Burnett, David Thompson and Steve Schmidt comprise a cohesive elder law team with complementary strengths. All four are VA Accredited Attorneys and are members of the “National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.”
Don’t procrastinate with asset protection! Call our firm at 402.810.8611 for a free initial evaluation.
Comprehensive Elder Law and Asset Protection Services
Whether your foremost concerns involve asset protection from creditors or nursing home costs or other elder matters such as guardianships and conservatorships, we will present practical options and help you implement the right solution for you.
Our full-spectrum of Elder Law and asset protection services covers:
- Preparation of documents to ensure adherence to your wishes regarding health care and end-of-life decisions, including durable powers of attorney, health care directives and living wills
- Creation of specialized trusts to protect family members with special needs
- All aspects of setting up guardianships and conservatorships
- All aspects of defending against an intrusive and contested guardianships and conservatorships
- Medicaid planning to assist our clients in qualifying for government benefits to preserve their estate for their family
- Veterans Administration (VA) planning to help our Veterans and their spouses qualify for VA benefits
- Establishing “Medicaid Qualifying Trusts” and other vehicles for long-term care planning and a means of achieving asset protection and accessing government benefits